This post is also available in: English
Now that summer’s here, there’s certainly more variety when it comes to fresh produce. Whether you’ve decided to start your own garden or you’re a fan of farmer’s markets, you can come across some truly healthy foods. The fruits listed below have some pretty amazing health benefits.
Fruits With Health Benefits
While you might not think tomatoes are peppers should fit into this category, they are actually classified as part of the fruit family. Everything below contains antioxidants, which can prevent cancer, cardiovascular disease, immune system diseases and decline in brain function.
- Tomatoes: Probably one of the easier plants to grow on this list, tomatoes contain potassium and carotenoids, including lycopene. Carotenoids, a type of antioxidant, contain Vitamin A and can help prevent progressive neurological diseases like ALS and cancer.
- Blueberries: Known for having an incredibly rich amount of antioxidants, studies on blueberries have indicated they can prevent heart disease by lowering LDL cholesterol. They are also high in Vitamin C and low in calories.
- Strawberries: It’s hard to find someone who doesn’t enjoy fresh strawberries. They’re high in Vitamin C and fiber, and can increase you HDL cholesterol (which is good for cardiovascular health!)
- Bell Peppers: Whether eaten raw, grilled or roasted, bell peppers are tasty in a variety of different entrees. They also contain Vitamin A, Vitamin C, and the carotenoids lycopene and beta-carotene.
- Plums: With their deep, rich color, plums are full of antioxidants and Vitamin C.
- Peaches: A perfect summertime snack, peaches are filled with potassium, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and cancer-fighting agents.
Eating Healthier Has Its Rewards
Adding fresh fruit to your diet can work as a proactive measure that can prevent potential health problems. Incorporating these foods into your daily routine can increase your chances of leading a long, healthy life, while decreasing the likelihood of age-related illnesses.
Latest posts by Staff (see all)
- Tourism And Climate Change - November 6, 2020
- What Can You Do to Help Keep Our Oceans Healthy? - December 22, 2016
- How You Can Help Fight Against Climate Change - November 17, 2016